Donor-advised funds are the most popular giving vehicle in philanthropy and NPT is the largest national independent provider. We offer donor-advised funds that are tailored to meet the needs of:
Why National Philanthropic Trust?
Our mission is to increase philanthropy in society. As a result, we offer donor-advised funds that are uniquely flexible:
NPT accepts the widest range of assets of any charitable organization.
- Publicly traded securities including stocks, bonds, mutual fund shares
- Restricted and controlled stock
- Privately-held stock
- Real estate
- Proceeds from life insurance or from a full-paid policy
- Transfers and grants from private foundations
- Bequests from wills
- Named beneficiary of charitable remainder trust
- Named beneficiary of an IRA, 401(k), or other retirement account
- Tangible personal property
NPT can make international grants and other types of specialized grants.
- Endowing chairs at universities
- Securing naming rights to buildings and programs
- Establishing scholarship programs
- Structuring multi-year, matching and challenge grants
NPT offers a wide range of investment options.
- Blackrock iShares Russell 1000
- Prudential Jennison 20/20 Focus
- JP Morgan Mid Cap Value
- Janus Enterprise Fund Class T
- T. Rowe Price Diversified Small Cap Growth Fund
- Fidelity Advisors Small Cap Value
- American Century International Core Equity Fund
- WCM Focused International Growth Fund
- Federated International Small-Mid Company
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Fund
- Baron Emerging Markets Fund
- Fidelity Advisors Emerging Markets
- Western Asset Core Fund
- Loomis Sayles Core Plus Bond Fund
- Calvert Ultra-Short Bond Fund
- Prudential Global Real Estate
- Principal Diversified Real Asset
- UBS Select Government Institutional Fund
- iShares MSCI EAFE Optimized ETF
- iShares MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF
- iShares Sustainable MSCI Global Impact
- iShares MSCI KLD 400 Social ETF
NPT allows you to identify successors or charitable beneficiaries so that your donor-advised fund can exist in perpetuity.
For general questions about NPT donor-advised funds, please visit our FAQ section. For detailed questions about policies or procedures, please review the forms and instructions located in the "Who We Serve" sections of this website. If you would like to speak to someone about your philanthropic needs, please send us an email or call us toll-free at (888) 878-7900.
How do donor-advised funds compare with other giving vehicles?
In the link below, we compare several apects of a donor-advised fund with those of a private foundation.
Compare DAFs to Private Foundations »
In the last five years, donor-advised fund accounts have grown at a faster rate than any other charitable giving vehicle in philanthropy.